Online Video Resources for Cross Country Skiers
XC Ski Nation is our partner website and home to an extensive collection of video resources for Nordic skiers and coaches at all levels. The site is supported by a nominal membership fee.
This is an excerpt from one of our Technique Explainer courses:
Who should join?
XC Ski Nation members are a mix of coaches, master's level athletes, beginner skiers, youth athletes and their parents. You don't have to be a coach or a particular level of skier to benefit from the video courses. The focus of the site is on understanding ski techniques and improving efficiency.
XC Ski Nation members:
- Share an interest in skate and classic skiing with "race-technique", meaning the graceful and highly efficient techniques used by competitive skiers.
- Are comfortable with an online video-learning format.
- Are thinking skiers, who enjoy nuanced discussions about ski technique.
How does this compare to in-person coaching?
XC Ski Nation is a completely different experience.
- There's no standing around in the cold while a coach talks.
- You can watch videos as many times as you like.
- Slow motion videos of world class skiers are especially powerful and cannot be matched by in-person lessons.
Many of our members experience rapid improvement.
XC Ski Nation has an extensive course library with hundreds of videos, including:
- All major Skate and Classic Ski Techniques Explained
- Biomechanics for Performance and Injury Prevention
- Current Technique Trends
- Expert Demos of All Techniques (World Cup Athletes and Olympians)
- Technique Analysis for Members (not guaranteed)
- Dryland Training Ideas
- Roller Skiing Drills and Advice
- On Snow Drills and Lessons for Skiers of All Levels
- Athlete and Coach Insights
- Member-Only Forum
- And more!
How much does it cost?
The cost of an annual subscription is $33/year USD, which works out to $2.75/month - far less than the cost of a single lesson. There is also an option to buy a one month membership.